We are pleased to announce Emory University’s short answer questions for the 2023-2024 first-year application.
In addition to your Personal Statement, please answer two additional short answer questions, one about your academic interests and one to help us get to know you better. We encourage you to be thoughtful in your responses and not stress about what the “right answer” might be, as there really isn’t one.
This question is required. (150 Words Recommended Length)
- What academic areas are you interested in exploring at Emory University and why?
Getting to Know You
In addition, answer one of the following questions. (150 Words)
- Which book, character, song, monologue, or piece of work (fiction or non-fiction) seems made for you? Why?
- Reflect on a personal experience where you intentionally expanded your cultural awareness.
- Emory University aspires for all students to flourish on campus. Reflect on what flourishing at Emory means to you.
- Emory University’s unique mission calls for service to humanity. Share how you might personally contribute to this mission of service to humanity.
- Emory University has a strong commitment to building community. Tell us about a community that you have been part of where your participation helped to change or shape the community for the better.
- Reflection is a central tenet of Emory University’s values. Craft a personal email providing advice to yourself in your first year of high school.
Want advice and examples of other great Emory University application essays and Personal Statements? We’ve got you covered! Check our Strong Personal Statements blog series. We share real essays from previous years’ applicants who were admitted and enrolled at Emory University. Each applicant’s personal statement includes thoughts from the staff who reviewed it and why they felt it was a strong example for you.
We look forward to getting to know you better through your application writing.
Don’t miss out on information about applying to Emory by joining our mailing list.