Notifications for the Emory University Scholar Programs will be released at 6:00 pm ET on Thursday, February 8, 2018. All students under consideration for Scholars will receive an email later today (January 31, 2018) from the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
The Scholars Selection Committee has attentively reviewed a record Scholars applicant pool this year, with more than 10,500 students in consideration. We appreciate each applicant taking the time to apply for the Scholar Programs this year and allowing us to get to know them better through their applications.
Please review the information below for important information regarding the process of Scholar Finalist notification. Please note that this process has changed from previous years. Disregard other information you may have read or heard from others. The details in this post clearly explain what you can expect on February 8.
It is important to understand that the notifications being released on February 8 will inform applicants who nominated themselves on their applications for the Emory University Scholar Programs and met the November 15 deadline whether they have been selected as a Scholar Finalist or not.
Check your Email
Applicants to the Scholar Programs will receive an email at (or shortly after) 6:00 pm ET on Thursday, February 8, 2018. The email will provide details on whether you have been selected as a Scholar Finalist to move on in the Scholar Programs selection process or not. It is important that applicants check the email account for the email address they entered on their application.
If one does not receive the email, they should check their SPAM folder. In advance, please ensure that you approve firstname.lastname@example.org as a valid email address from which you can receive emails.
Notifications are not sent via postal mail and cannot be released over the phone.
Scholar Finalist Notifications
The email sent to those applicants selected as Scholar Finalists will provide instructions on how to access their Scholar Finalist letter.
A few key points regarding Finalist selection and notification:
- Scholar Finalists who applied Early Decision II or Regular Decision will also receive an early notification of admission to Emory College of Arts and Sciences and/or Oxford College. This is detailed in their Finalist letter.
- Scholar Finalists will learn whether they have been selected as a Finalist for the Emory College, Oxford College, or Goizueta Business School Scholars Program in their Finalist letter. (Learn more about the three Scholar Programs.)
- Scholar Finalists are only selected for one of the three Scholars programs, based on interests shared in their original application. Each Scholars Program requires that Finalists attend a campus visit specifically for Finalists, the dates of which are included in the Finalist letter.
- Some of the Scholar Programs require the submission of a supplemental essay prior to the Campus Visit Program. Details about this, if required, are in the Finalist letter.
- Scholar Finalists must attend the appropriate Finalist visit for consideration in the Emory University Scholar Programs and any accompanying merit award.
Thank you again for the opportunity to review your application, and we look forward to welcoming the newest members of the Emory University Class of 2022 on February 8, 2018.